Join us Saturday October 12, 2019 in the woods of the Barony of Middle Marches of the Middle Kingdom.
Armored Combat, Rapier Tournaments, Arts & Sciences, Feast, Court, and more ...
More information at tirnewydd.midrealm.org
Facebook Event Page found here.
Christian College Campground
1190 N Washington St, Greenfield, OH 45123
Adult Registration (18+): $15.00
Adult Member Registration (18+): $10.00
Youth Registration (0-17): $5.00
Family Cap: $30.00
Mail-in ended post mark by September 27 2019.
Mail to: Red Dragon 2019, 122 N. State St, Westerville, OH 43081
E-PAY REGISTRATION FORM: coming soon ...
VOLUNTEER for clean-up, gate, guard
Feast Steward: Master Katalena Ivaniaia Zhena Shishova
• Pickled Mushrooms
• Black Olive Bread
• Spinach and Chesnut Salad with Bacon
• Winter Squash Soup with Gorgonzola
• Roasted Pork
• Roasted Root Vegetables
• Lentils and Carrots
• Apricot and Apple Pastry
• Fresh Apple Compote with Almond Meringues
• Sugared Walnuts
• Spiced Cider
*Menu is subject to change. Please contact Master Katalena Ivaniaia Zhena Shishova with any food allergies no later than the 25th of September.
ARTS DRACONIS 10:00am to 4:00pm
Coordinator: THL Isobel Muire
CHILDREN’S POINT 10:00am to 4:00pm
Coordinator: Lady Babette Vitré de Dinan
• Children’s Point will be providing a pleasant space during the day for Gentles and their children to explore their creativity, read, and play games.
Coordinator: Unnr Olafsdottir
EVENING BARONIAL COURT 5:00pm
Their Excellencies Talymar gan y Lluwynn & Melisande de Marmande of the Middle Marches
DANCING after court
Mistress Felice Debbage
Marshal-in-Charge: Takeda Aya
LIST OPEN 10:00am to 12:00pm
LUNCH BREAK 12:00pm to 1:00pm
LIST OPEN 1:00pm to 4:00pm
THROWN WEAPONS COMPETITION
comming soon ....
Martial in Charge: Malcolm of Blackheath
Armored Deputy: Lord Iofurr Ormasson
FIELD OPENS 9:00am
INSPECTIONS AND AUTHORIZATIONS 9:00am to 10:00am
VICTORY CHALLENGED TOURNAMENT 10:00am – 11:00am
Novice tournament open to ANYONE who has never won a tournament.
BATTLE AT THE BARRIER WARLORD TOURNAMENT 11:00am to 12:00pm
LUNCH BREAK 12:00pm to 1:00pm • Field open for pick-ups
SGT BOLDEWYN'S TOURNAMENT OF DESTINY 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Double elimination, 2 large wheels will be spun. 1 wheel for 1 hand.
The Fates decides what you take the field with.
Minimum 3 weapon authorization to compete.
If a form is spun the combatant does not have, the wheel is respun.
WARLORD TOURNAMENT 2:00pm to 3:00pm
DRAGON TOURNAMENT 3:00pm to 5:00pm
FIELD CLOSES 4:30pm
Marshal-in-Charge: Maestra Mirabai
Rapier Deputy: Marcus O'Shea
FIELD OPENS 9:15am
INSPECTIONS AND AUTHORIZATIONS 9:30am to 10:00am
POKER TOURNAMENT 10:00am to 1:00pm
• run by Don Markus skalpr Grimsson
A bear pit where the loser of the pass stays to fight the next fencer. Fencers stay until they have won or have 3 deaths. Double kills count towards the number of deaths, but will be refought until either or both opponents have 3 deaths. Fencers leaving the field, whether they won or lost, shall receive a poker card and shall keep up to 7 cards. The winner of the tournament shall be determined by the best natural poker hand of 5 cards. In the case of tied best hands, a sudden death match will occur.
DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT 11:00-12:00
• Standard double elimination tourney
LUNCH BREAK 12:00pm to 1:00pm
• Field open for pick-ups
FREEZE TAG MELEE 1:00pm to 2:00pm
• Do you remember playing Freeze Tag as a kid? This will be even more fun, because we have swords! Participants will be divided into 2 teams. When a participant scores a “killing” touch on an opponent, that opponent is “frozen” until a member of their team can place an open hand on them and complete a slow count to 5. The team that succeeds in “freezing” the entire opposing team first is the winner of that round. We will run multiple rounds and may switch up teams as needed.
ZOMBIE MELEE 2:00pm to 3:00pm
• This is an “every person for themselves” Melee. Each participant starts off human, armed as they like, and fighting normally. When a participant “dies,” they will report to the marshal to receive their Zombie sash/scarf. Once they are a zombie, they can only be armed with a single sword, and must move at a zombie shuffle pace. They may defend/attack at normal speed. Only a head shot will kill a zombie. They may then “regenerate” by returning to a designated Rez point. The last participant to be “human” wins the round. Edible prizes for excellent Zombie sound effects as well as winners for each round!
PICK-UPS, AUTHORIZATIONS 3:00pm to 4:30pm
FIELD CLOSES 4:30pm
Marshal-in-Charge:: Lord Jao Veludo Alfonso d’Albuquerque
LIST OPEN 10:00am to noon
PUPPIES AND DRAGONS 11:00am
ARTS & SCIENCES CLASSES
Coordinator: Rose Marian of Edgewater, email@example.com
Merchant Coordinator: Ulfgard Rohofsson
• Fee: There is no fee to merchant at Red Dragon, but merchants will still need to pay the normal site fees to enter.
• Location: Under the pavilion near the Main Hall, next to the lunch counter.
• Vendor Space: Vendors are allotted a 12'x12' space. If you need more space notify Ulfgard
• Weather: The Merchant area is outside but it is covered.This is Ohio in October, so come prepared for the weather.
• Set up/Tear down: Gate opens at 8 am. You can set up as soon as you troll in. Vendors must be off site by 8 pm (must tear down before feast).
• You may not drive on the grass to unload but a drive up is close to the area. If you know you will need help, coordinate brute squad requests with Ulfgard.
• Please let Ulfgard know if you plan on being a vendor.ill need help, coordinate brute squad requests with Eric Salyer.
• Please let Eric Salyer know if you plan on being a vendor.
Dry Site, Pets only allow outdoors, Smoking only allowed outdoors, No onsite camping
THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS.
•Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions. If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a seneschal, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
Autocrat: Lord Hosokawa Gentarou Masahiro
Deputy Autocrat: Ulfgard Rohofsson
Gate: Lord Edborough Kellie, Steve of Tirnewydd
Hall Steward: Chris Nickel
Parking Coordinator: Ula'an Checheg
Royalty Liaison & Luncheon: Lady Alkelda Grimsdottir
Volunteer Coordinator: Leofwine Klinger
Promotions: Warder Uilleag Balbhán
Site Tokens: Baroness Melisande
MoL: Manne de Lynn, Katayoun al-Aurvataspaan
*hosted jointly by Marche of Tirnewydd & Woods End*